Axiom AX1012AWH 12” Active, 2-Way, Full-Range, CORE Processed, Powered, Constant Curvature Array Element (White)
Already an Authorized Resller? Sign In
AX1012 is a versatile constant curvature full-range element that can be used to create both vertical and horizontal line source arrays and also as a high-directivity point-source loudspeaker.
- Powered Constant Curvature Array Element
- 12” woofer,1.4” HF neodymium compression driver
- Constant curvature Seamless Transition Waveguide (SWT) with 100° H x 20° V dispersion
- Class D amplifier module with SMPS
- 96KHz / 40 bit floating point CORE processing with PRONET remote control
- Integral suspension hardware for horizontal or vertical array installation
- Pole mounting available for free-standing applications
- Passive versione available (AX1012P)
STW - SEAMLESS TRANSITION WAVEGUIDEThe 1.4” high frequency compression driver is coupled to STW - Seamless Transition Waveguide, which ensures a precise control of mid-high frequencies both on horizontal and vertical axis, for a perfect acoustic coupling between the enclosures that form the array. The unique waveguide design produces vertical line source directivity with a horizontal pattern that is maintained down to approximately 950Hz. This allows to project clean music and vocals evenly around the audience without hot-spots and dead-spots. The sharp SPL o?-axis rejection is used to avoid reflecting surfaces in the enclosure coupling plane and perfectly adjusts the acoustic coverage to the audience geometry. Phase interactions between traditional stand-alone Point Source loudspeakers featuring poor directionality, make it difficult to achieve consistent and lobe-free dispersion. This phenomena produces destructive interferences that affect the tonal balance, claritiy and intelligibility at many listening positions. Thank to the Seamless Transition Waveguide the system designer or sound engineer can build true line source horizontal or vertical arrays in 20° building blocks with seamless integration between cabinets.
CONSTRUCTION and RIGGING HARDWAREThe AX1012 tour-grade 15mm phenolic birch plywood cabinet is provided with four integrated steel rails, to be used for coupling the cabinets with the KPTAX1012 aluminium Coupling Bars. A comprehensive set of accessories is available for creating horizontal or vertical arrays, for ground-stacking the systems and also for pole mounting one or two units.
- The KPTAX1012H is a coupling bar to be used to fly the AX1012 in an horizontal array.
- The KPTAX1012T Suspension Bar allows an array of up to 6 units to be installed using a single suspension point.
- The KPAX1012V is a flybar than be used to create a vertical array of up to 6 units. It can be used also for down-firing arrays.
- The KPAX265 Pole Adapter and the KP010 Tilt Adapter allows the AX1012 to be installed on a pole, with the possbility to tilt the cabinet in order to aim the sound to the audience.
AX1012 arrays deliver seamless coverage only to desired areas minimizing unwanted reflections of walls and surfaces or avoiding interactions with other sound systems, with the stage or with other areas. Multiple units in a horizontal array, for example, allow to shape the radiation pattern in slices of 20°, providing exceptional flexibility in the construction of the desired coverage angle. In this way, even a center array with 360° coverage angle can be assmebled very easily. To extend the system’s low frequency response the AX1012 can be complemented by sub-woofers from the Axiom SW series such as SW18A, SW1800A or SW218XA. AX1012 is recommended for the use as indoor FOH (Left – Center - Right systems) or outdoor FOH in small to medium-sized events. It can be used also as a complement to large systems as Out-fill, In-fill or distributed fill applications in a wide range of venue, providing clear sound to areas not fully reached by the main system, while minimizing unwanted interactions and room reflections.
- Sound reinforcement in small-to-medium-size live venues.
- Side-fill, Out-?ll or In-?ll applications
- Down-firing array systems
- Delay systems in stadia and arenasTheatres
- Corporate & A/V
- Theme parks
- Houses of Worship
- Leisure and Fitness